Friday, February 27, 2009

wondering...

so without a doubt, my love language is "words of affirmation" I need them. and unfortunately i need them constantly. It feels wrong to me. Almost selfish to desire acceptance and reassurance from others. i believe this is how God made me... but is the desire in itself sinful?

Maybe to the extent, that i let it control my moods at times and i let it control my relationship with others. it also sometimes determines myself worth...which i know should totally be found in God. That has to be a sin. It almost feels like pride as well.

But its who i am and how i am made... that cant be an excuse for everything, and i wont use it as one. but is there a balance? is it ok to desire encouragement from brothers and sisters in faith? or is it sin to look for acceptance other places than Jesus Christ?

I dont know the answer, but its just another question...

No comments:

Post a Comment